Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please call us if you have any questions regarding your initial appointment: Oral Surgery Office of Dr. Steven Young in Johnston RI Phone Number 401-273-7802. You may also use our contact form below. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
Are You in Need of Oral & Maxillofacial Treatment?
You can trust Dr. Young to provide you with outstanding care. Contact us to learn more about your treatment options.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery.
- You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery:
- high blood pressure
- artificial heart valves and joints
- rheumatic fever
- other medical conditions
Please let us know if you are currently taking any medications:
- heart medications
- anticoagulant therapy
- other medications
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility.